Atlas Dent Removal, LLC.
Paintless Hail Dent
Removal and Repair
What is PRD | How To File Your Claim | FAQ | About Us| Contact Us | Testimonials | Service| Tools| Our Blog
Scroll down to see our videos!!!
Atlas Dent Removal LLC is a locally owned automotive hail dent repair company now located in North Oklahoma City. We service customers in the OKC and surrounding areas to include; Edmond, The Village, Nichols Hills, Warr Arces, Bethany, Moore, Norman, Midwest City and Del City areas, Mustang & Yukon areas.
Atlas Dent Removal LLC has been in business since 1994. We are proud to be an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau, with an A+ rating.
Atlas will continue to depend upon the "four R's"
Reputation, Relationships, Referrals, and Repeat Business--as we grow our existing service business.
AUTOMOTOVE HAIL & DENT CLAIMS FAQ
This information is being presented as helpful tips a consumer might consider when dealing with possible hail damage to their vehicle and the process of getting it fixed properly. This process is called PDR (Paintless Dent Removal/Repair).This may be only hood or or doors from dents from other things besides hail.
The ability for a consumer to understand each role in the repair process can be useful in making sure the experience is a positive one.
Most insurance companies and their employees are going to be trained in dealing with inexperienced consumers and can be a great resource for information and guidance.
Unfortunately, not all repair shops are as helpful, their role is to get the car fixed and out the door so they can move on to the next, so don't rely on their advice too much.
What to do before the hail storm
- WHAT IS "PDR"?
- WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING PDR?
- HOW WILL THE HAIL DENTS BE REMOVED FROM MY VEHICLE?
- WILL THE DENTS RETURN TO MY CAR?
- HOW DO I GET THE MONEY TO PAY FOR THE REPAIRS?
- DO I HAVE A CHOICE ON WHERE I TAKE MY CAR FOR REPAIRS?
What to do after the hail storm
- WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF CLAIMS?
- WHAT IS A DEDUCTIBLE?
- HOW DO I KNOW WHAT KIND OF DAMAGE MY POLICY COVERS?
- WILL MY INSURANCE COMPANY RAISE MY RATES FOR A HAIL DAMAGE CLAIM?
- SHOULD I HAVE RENTAL CAR COVERAGE ON MY POLICY?
- HOW DO I FILE A HAIL DAMAGE CLAIM?
- WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT FROM MY INSURANCE COMPANY WHEN FILING A CLAIM?
- WHAT DO I DO BEFORE THE INSURANCE COMPANY COMES TO INSPECT MY CAR?
1. WHAT IS "PDR"?
The industry term "PDR" refers to paintless dent repair.
This is the process of removing dings and dents on vehicles using tools and techniques designed to not damage the paint.
The most common used tools are called repair bars or rods depending on their size.
The other process used is glue pulling using special hot glue and glue tabs, similar to mushrooms, to extract the dent.
An example of this process can be seen here:Why use PDR vers
us replacement or paint/body repair?
2. WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING PDR?
- You keep all the Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) parts on your vehicle with the original seals and equipment from installation at the factory in place.
- You keep the original factory paint on the vehicle. The factory paint is baked on vehicle at 460° (F) before the interior of the vehicle is installed making it impossible to replicate after it leaves the factory.
- Keeps the maximum resale value of your vehicle.
- Dents are removed not "filled" with body filler and painted over.
- No chemical smell from paints, lacquers, etc... in car for weeks.
- Less repair time needed, so you get your car back sooner.
3. HOW WILL THE HAIL DENTS BE REMOVED FROM MY VEHICLE?
After the metal was molded in the factory under great pressure, it has a memory as to its shape.
As the tech gently massages the dent from underneath, it returns to its prior form.
4. WILL THE DENTS RETURN TO MY CAR?
From the 1950's, this process is used in many of the manufacturing plants in Europe to remove any blemishes on new autos that were leaving the plant for sale.
Today, the process is used throughout the world both in car plants and repair shops as the "gold sta