Atlas Dent Removal, LLC.
1011 N Western Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73114
What is PRD | How To File Your Claim | FAQ | About Us| Contact Us | Testimonials | Service| Tools| Our Blog
- WHAT IS "PDR"?
- WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING PDR?
- HOW WILL THE HAIL DENTS BE REMOVED FROM MY VEHICLE?
- WILL THE DENTS RETURN TO MY CAR?
- HOW DO I GET THE MONEY TO PAY FOR THE REPAIRS?
- DO I HAVE A CHOICE ON WHERE I TAKE MY CAR FOR REPAIRS?
1. WHAT IS "PDR"?
The industry term "PDR" refers to paintless dent repair.
This is the process of removing dings and dents on vehicles using tools and techniques designed to not damage the paint.
The most common used tools are called repair bars or rods depending on their size.
The other process used is glue pulling using special hot glue and glue tabs, similar to mushrooms, to extract the dent.
An example of this process can be seen here:Why use PDR versus replacement or paint/body repair?
2. WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING PDR?
- You keep all the Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) parts on your vehicle with the original seals and equipment from installation at the factory in place.
- You keep the original factory paint on the vehicle. The factory paint is baked on vehicle at 460° (F) before the interior of the vehicle is installed making it impossible to replicate after it leaves the factory.
- Keeps the maximum resale value of your vehicle.
- Dents are removed not "filled" with body filler and painted over.
- No chemical smell from paints, lacquers, etc... in car for weeks.
- Less repair time needed, so you get your car back sooner.
3. HOW WILL THE HAIL DENTS BE REMOVED FROM MY VEHICLE?
After the metal was molded in the factory under great pressure, it has a memory as to its shape.
As the tech gently massages the dent from underneath, it returns to its prior form.
4. WILL THE DENTS RETURN TO MY CAR?
From the 1950's, this process is used in many of the manufacturing plants in Europe to remove any blemishes on new autos that were leaving the plant for sale.
Today, the process is used throughout the world both in car plants and repair shops as the "gold standard" of removing dents from vehicles permanently without having to repaint.
5. HOW DO I GET THE MONEY TO PAY FOR THE REPAIRS?
Most vehicles are covered by an individual's insurance policy. If one doesn’t have insurance, the costs will be out of pocket.
6. DO I HAVE A CHOICE ON WHERE I TAKE MY CAR FOR REPAIRS?
Yes, the consumer has the right to take their vehicle to the repair facility of their choice.
It is against the law for the insurance company to force an individual to go to a specific shop by withholding payment on a claim or not providing an estimate and payment in a timely manner.
If an individual has problems with their insurance company, there is always a state agency devoted to insurance and consumer complaints.